Saturday, September 7, 2013

Going Back to a Place I've Never Been



Going back to a place I've never been.  Is that a song?  It should be.  If it was a song, what would it sound like?  

My dad spent his whole life hearing about Ireland, believing that he had a connection to Ireland, and surely wondering about Ireland.  He probably thought he would never get there. He was right.  He died at 62 and never did.  

My brother, sister and I are going to Ireland.  We are going there to see if there is a connection that we can find.  To go for B.J. who never did get there.  We are going to look for people that have that twinkle in their eye like dad did.  When he was step dancing, and when he was telling us stories. Going to find some stories.
  
Bernard John Ingoldsby
 


No comments:

Post a Comment