Saturday, September 7, 2013

Was It a Fine Day on July 7, 1826?



St Mary's Pro Cathedral Dublin


There is a marriage record from St. Mary's Pro Cathedral from July 7, 1826.

Are these my 3rd great grandparents?  Bernard Inglesby and Jane Keegan?

I was looking for Ingoldsby.  Bryan Bernard Ingoldsby.  We know that Jane Keegan was his wife.  An 1826 marriage would be probable.  The name is not the same.  Tim Lawlor and Mary Anne Kennedy were the witnesses.  One of my dad's best friends in Canada was a Lawlor. The Kennedy's were just down the road. Did they all come over to Canada together?


Marriage Record July 7 1826
St Mary's Pro Cathedral, Dublin

I found a mention of a record from Charlestown, County Louth 1826.  It is from a tithe Applotment Book.  Is this the same man?





Where did they go from 1826 to 1833?  We know that these grandparents came to North America on a ship, with children in tow in 1833.  Twins were born on the ship. 



















3 comments:

  1. I believe I share your ancestors - Bernard Ingoldsby and Jane Keegan were my 2nd great grandparents. I was unaware of the given name "Bryan" and was wondering what your source was for that? I believe this is the Bernard Ingoldsby buried in the St Anthony du Padua cemetery in Ontario ( INGOLDSBY Bernard St Anthonys, old section Lennox & Addington Camden East KG-3742-2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terrance, The name Bryan Bernard was in a written family tree prepared by my Aunt Alice. There are not many references to it. It looks like we are related.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colleen - Merry Christmas!

    Do you have any information beyond Bernard and Jane? I show Bernard's parents as Terrance Ingoldsby, b 1774, d 1860 and Mary ? According to my info (passed down from a great uncle), they were married in 1800.

    We should probably compare notes.

    ReplyDelete